Skip to main content

My Next Big Moves


Adeyi Peter Tosin, who just rounded off his undergraduate programme in Federal University of Technology, Akure’s Department of Statistics gives a glimpse of what lies ahead.

After five years of academic rigour, the pens are down in the meantime and the next line of action beckons. All the excitements of graduating and becoming part of the larger society are gradually giving way to the reality of what lies ahead. Realities that I was not exposed to for five years due to the protective walls of the university – except for a glimpse of it I had during the Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) which lasted 6 months. However, I seem somewhat prepared for these realities.

This is my chance to explore all of the ideas that have popped up in my head over the years or at least some of it. There have been many things I have had to put on hold because of the demands of academics and there could not have been a better time to explore them but now.
First of it all is that I will like to sharpen my literary skills which happens to be one of the few things I do effortlessly. Over time, I have come to understand that one of the best ways to live a fulfilling life is to live on what one is naturally wired for. In other words, anyone who explores his/her innate gift and talents correctly will most likely live in this world a happy person. Following this philosophy, I have decided to invest more of my time and attention to writing and reading. To accomplish this, I will be opening a blog after getting all the right information. The blog will aim at reaching out to those who have found themselves in a hopeless situation – people who think lowly of themselves and who need just one person to tell them how incredible they are.

Next, I want to strengthen my graphics designing skills by attending more trainings and taking online/offline tutorials. I want to also strengthen my proficiency in the use of statistical packages, especially SPSS. This is to enable me carry out statistical analysis more conveniently especially when I am faced with an enormous job. This is to enable me take up minor jobs.

Also in my line of interest is learning photography. The essence of this may not be immediate but will connect with something I plan doing in the nearest future. Nevertheless, I plan to learn the rudiments of photography now, which will include photo editing and photo enlargement so that I can handle a camera properly and produce desirable pictures.

Another move I want to make is to read the biographies/autobiographies of some selected individuals in other to learn from their stories and experiences in life. There is an adage that says “If a child stands on the shoulders of elders, he shall see farther.” Therefore, I believe that reading the stories of these individuals will give me a start in the right direction. Side by side with this, I will also invest in children books to acquaint myself with writing for children in the language they will understand.

Finally, until I am able to secure admission for a postgraduate diploma in journalism which is the career I have chosen to pursue, I will be a part of public functions (of interest) open to the general public to expand my knowledge and capacity. Functions such as book launching, public presentations, public seminars/workshop et cetera. All these would be my next moves. Subsequent moves will be determined thereafter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold the full list of winners of the 2014 MTV Movie Awards plus red carpet things.. .

The 2014 MTV Movie Awards held last night, Sunday, April 13th, at the Nokia Theatre at the L.A. Live entertainment district in Los Angeles. Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Rihanna and Lupita, rapper Iggy Azalea, Channing Rating and wife, Jessica Alba, Lupita Nyong'I,  Ellen Page  among others were at the event last night with Eminem and Rihanna preforming. See  photos and full list of winners... Full list of winners below... BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE Jennifer Lawrence, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire BEST MALE PERFORMANCE Josh Hutcherson, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR The Hunger Games: Catching Fire BEST ON-SCREEN TRANSFORMATION Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE Jonah Hill, The Wolf Of Wall Street BEST VILLAIN Mila Kunis, Oz The Great And Powerful BEST SHIRTLESS PERFORMANCE Zac Efron, That Awkward Moment TRAILBLAZER AWARD Channing Tatum THE BEST KISS Will Poulter Jennifer Aniston, and Emma Roberts, We're The Millers BEST

Naked man drags prostitute back to hotel room to recover stolen money

Wonders they say would never seize to occur! This man must have had more than naira notes to have stormed out of his hotel room in search of this prostitute that made away with his money without remembering to pick an item of clothe to cover his nakedness#surprised#. The story is that after he fell asleep the prostitute tried to run away with all his money. Luckily, he woke in time and went after her, amazingly without even having to think about wearing anything.   Fortunately, he found her and dragged her back to the hotel room. What happened next remains unknown.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! I no fit shout o!

Married Senior Pastor sleeps with 13 Women and gets endorsement

The Brong Ahafo Regional Pastor of Calvary Charismatic Centre, Roger Ohene Frempong confessed to haven had sexual affairs and relations with four married women and nine young ladies of which seven are members of his congregation.  This happened after some members of the church heard some of the victims’ confessing to some friends of the actions of the pastor but what actually broke the camel's back was when the pastor was caught passing the night with a 20 year old lady who is a student of University of Ghana in a Hotel in Kumasi during the mother church’s annual Youth Camp which took place at Africa Hall, KNUST in August this year. Upon confrontation, the pastor finally conceded and confessed after he heard the evidences and testimonies of his bad deeds. This article is not to defame him but to draw attention to the rising issues of men of God who take undue advantage of women because of their positions. The character of some of these weak men of God negatively a