Skip to main content

Beginning of the journal of the journalist next door

Its my first day at work after a week of rest or do I say recovery. Trust me I was completely defenceless before the flu that had me through the previous week and I get to the office and people are either steering at me or asking me what I brought back from my trip. Really? Its only in this part of the world that people don't bother about other people's welfare. Let me take u down a little bit of history so you'll understand where am coming from. We are 15 permanent personnel and 3 interns, a total of 18 in my office. Only 2 sort me and called or visited while I was away. Lesson: humans fail but God doesn't/won't. So, I enter the office and the rants heighten. Some of where have you been, others of what did you bring, only my boss' tone differed. It was one of how are you now? Well rested? Fully recovered? I was grateful for that. So as the voices continued to sting my already flu affected head I almost lost my cool and began explaining how unkind they had been to me. You trust now, apologies started reigning through from all corners as I remember. Wait a minute, did I mention earlier that it was a boring day from the start? My schedule was clear, rounded up compilation and editing of script for our next major production...I was bored stiff. I started to feel drowsy, an unpleasant aftermath of the flu...don't know about you but that's how it makes me feel. So I reached for a chair, slipped in and stretched my bulk in an upright position. My eyes shut and from that minute my peace was stolen as countless people walked by and shook me back to reality repeatedly, springing up slight headache and I asked myself where I had gone wring and how insensitive people could be. I mean, for one who just recovered, the system could be a bit slow and the body demand some rest. Seriously, I didn't know the minute I sprang up and expressed my displeasure...I had to ask if they had ever seen me like that before and why I didn't deserve a short break from my already bored and activity-less state. Don't get it wrong o...activities were on going at the establishment but not my Unit. It was a pretty solemn Monday for me. But I soon got my groove back on return home as I had to return to my routine of feeding my family and I before retiring to bed. Other than those, I'd say the day was rather quiet and uneventful. Anxiously waiting for tomorrow though...I have an exciting activity already scheduled. Chao

Comments

  1. Really, most of the people we work with are weird. I have similar experiences

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Naked man drags prostitute back to hotel room to recover stolen money

Wonders they say would never seize to occur! This man must have had more than naira notes to have stormed out of his hotel room in search of this prostitute that made away with his money without remembering to pick an item of clothe to cover his nakedness#surprised#. The story is that after he fell asleep the prostitute tried to run away with all his money. Luckily, he woke in time and went after her, amazingly without even having to think about wearing anything.   Fortunately, he found her and dragged her back to the hotel room. What happened next remains unknown.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! I no fit shout o!

PROFILE: Kimora Lee Simmons

Kimora Lee Simmons (née Perkins; born May 4, 1975) is an American fashion model, and former president and Creative Director for Phat Fashions. Simmons was born in St. Louis, Missouri. Her mother, Joanne Perkins, is Korean-born Japanese who later worked as a Social Security Administrator. Her mother was adopted by an American serviceman during the Korean War and she now goes by her own mother's Japanese name, Kyoko. Kimora's father, Vernon Whitlock Jr., is African American, has worked as a Federal Marshal, an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigator, a bail bondsman, and is currently a barber in St. Louis. Growing up in the northern St. Louis suburb of Florissant, Missouri, Kimora was the target of schoolyard bullying and teasing, because of her height (she was 5 feet, 10 inches tall by the time she was 10 years old)and mixed ancestry. To help her, Simmons's mother enrolled her in a modeling class when she was eleven years old. Two years later she was discov...

Dilema, as woman sets out to marry ex-lover's son

Listening to this true life story struck me and i couldn't help but upload it. The lady in question needs quick responses as she is about loosing it. Please read and post comments to help fix someone before havoc is wrecked. She speaks....Am about getting married to my fiancé in a few months. I am so glad to have met someone as amazing and as loving as he is. We've dated for two years, and he recently proposed a couple of month ago, to be precise. Everything has been wonderful as far as the wedding plans are concerned. And right now, I'm just looking forward to my wedding day which has been set for December of 2012. So, here is the problem: I used to date his father many years ago when I was a student in the University. He was someone who came to the campus with some of his friends, and some male students, would arrange girls for them to hang out with either for the night, or for a week and so forth depending on what was happening. I partied with him, traveled out ...