Skip to main content

Journal of the journalist next door

OK, so seriously i have been on my toes since I ran off. Didn't remember to mention there was an inaugural lecture in the offing, you know the one now? The one where a professor gives his official presentation and contribution to knowledge from earlier and ongoing research abi?...good, that one. So I was billed to cover the lecture alongside my colleagues and as usual was scheduled to attend to members of the fourth estate of the realm from outside my establishment. Hmmm, na so o. Off I went and out into the Unit's shuttle vehicle like a lightening bolt as I was running behind time. In Nigerian term, sharply I was there and began putting my "house" in order as time ticked away quickly. Suddenly, from my well  positioned corner my boss flags me and its few minutes to when the procession makes its way in. I rush up and he calls me by my first name...when he does that he wants something he believes in me for. So I knew at once I had to deliver on this one. The thing is this, when the mace is raised and the procession approaches, no one is allowed to break the protocol and here I was with barely minutes to get the names of senior staff representing absent colleagues on the procession. O boy! That was when I knew Husien Bolt had left a part of him in me. Lol. I literarily fled. You know that point where you take off and don't know how and where to?...lol. That was the scene. My black toned wedge peep toe shoes weren't as friendly as I had envisaged, or so I thought because with each dive I made the shoes seemed like they were to pull, though eventually arriving the scene amidst gestures and courtesies. Did I mention that while this was on, my mind kept asking me to slow down before I fell. Luckily I did listen but somewhere amidst the chaos I bumped on a table....it hurt but hey, it was just a leg or so i thought. Lol. Wasn't funny at all. Voices came in from all quarters asking me to take it easy. I got a bit embarrassed but took a cue from that, not until i had in the midst of the ups and downs unassumingly began to provide "off key" (out of context) answers to every and anything said, even up to greetings though. Then i sat, as I sat, a call comes through and I have to run again. Passing the information from the call to my boss who was sitting right behind me didn't turn out as I would desire. It was a marching one. So I fled yet again! Off to the chief executive's office. This my job sha! Crisis was brewing and had to be managed. And yeah, we did return to the office after the lecture to publish a Special Release containing information on the issue threatening the peace of the establishment. By this time I had held my family to ransom as it were, waiting for me for hours unend. On arrival home, some of the stuff I had been given in the office had toppled, burst and poured...what a day! I just want to sleep. Good night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naked man drags prostitute back to hotel room to recover stolen money

Wonders they say would never seize to occur! This man must have had more than naira notes to have stormed out of his hotel room in search of this prostitute that made away with his money without remembering to pick an item of clothe to cover his nakedness#surprised#. The story is that after he fell asleep the prostitute tried to run away with all his money. Luckily, he woke in time and went after her, amazingly without even having to think about wearing anything.   Fortunately, he found her and dragged her back to the hotel room. What happened next remains unknown.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! I no fit shout o!

PROFILE: Kimora Lee Simmons

Kimora Lee Simmons (née Perkins; born May 4, 1975) is an American fashion model, and former president and Creative Director for Phat Fashions. Simmons was born in St. Louis, Missouri. Her mother, Joanne Perkins, is Korean-born Japanese who later worked as a Social Security Administrator. Her mother was adopted by an American serviceman during the Korean War and she now goes by her own mother's Japanese name, Kyoko. Kimora's father, Vernon Whitlock Jr., is African American, has worked as a Federal Marshal, an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigator, a bail bondsman, and is currently a barber in St. Louis. Growing up in the northern St. Louis suburb of Florissant, Missouri, Kimora was the target of schoolyard bullying and teasing, because of her height (she was 5 feet, 10 inches tall by the time she was 10 years old)and mixed ancestry. To help her, Simmons's mother enrolled her in a modeling class when she was eleven years old. Two years later she was discov...

Tough times.. .lol

Hehehehe!  Have you ever had an assignment that made you feel like quitting your job?  Believe me I had one of those today.  OK,  so am at my desk the better of the day filling one sheet after the other. The thing is this,  writing off hand is a whole lot easier than from a source. So guess what? Am stuck writing from a recorder for 8 hours non-stop. Oh oK, didn't I mention what I was doing?  Thought you already figured. Aii,  am  transcribing an interview and like it sometimes is am way pass my deadline and the yellow card is hanging over my head. Am hungry and fatigued with no escape route. So am writing and writing and writing and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. What? 25 pages already written and my boss is still breathing down my throat with his looks?  So I make up my mind to get it over and done with and soon as am finished,  I ask my colleague which way out?  Don't get me wrong,  not which way out of the offic...