Skip to main content

WHAT A PRICE?

It's her dairy shey? So Funmi shares her experience today. ...So she wakes to a bright but not sunny day. Traffic in the house seemed pretty low as everyone else had taken to his or her duties and activities. Oops! Did I miss the juicy part? Aii, she had been awake since 3:39am savouring a shocking but revealingly sweet dream (you imagine what it could be about now). Suddenly she realises the day has began and jumps out of bed after morning devotion. Weekend chores began - laundry, cleaning and all. She's so occupied she barely has a minute to take his calls. She misses his calls a thousand and one times (and he's mad I guess). The problem now is that he isn't taking her calls, neither is he sending messages as he is fond of. Fum, as I fondly call her, is worried stiff and trust me has no idea what he is thinking. Honestly, ...think I need to lend a shoulder (don't know why she is so down cast joor). For real, am off before I began answering questions I shouldn't, aii? Sssshh...Keep u posted ok?

Comments

  1. Waiting for the concluding part of her confusion....eeh! Good gist....May be you write a book on her....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Naked man drags prostitute back to hotel room to recover stolen money

Wonders they say would never seize to occur! This man must have had more than naira notes to have stormed out of his hotel room in search of this prostitute that made away with his money without remembering to pick an item of clothe to cover his nakedness#surprised#. The story is that after he fell asleep the prostitute tried to run away with all his money. Luckily, he woke in time and went after her, amazingly without even having to think about wearing anything.   Fortunately, he found her and dragged her back to the hotel room. What happened next remains unknown.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! I no fit shout o!

JOURNAL OF A JOURNALIST NEXT DOOR ... September 27th, 2024... Calm before the Storm!

Friday was one of those rare, calm days in my world of Corporate Communications. It’s not often that I get a day with fewer meetings, but when it happens, I know it’s the perfect opportunity to catch up on all the news stories waiting to be polished and published. With the university’s biggest event just around the corner, this quiet felt like the calm before the storm. The first half of the day was spent at my desk, immersed in edits. It’s funny how even on a less busy day, the work piles up in different forms. A colleague sent over a draft press release that needed sharpening, while another forwarded an article that just didn’t have the right tone yet. The joy, though, is in refining those pieces—finding the right words that will capture the essence of the university's achievements. As the minutes rolled by, I ticked off one task after another, sipping soda and enjoying the steady hum of a day. In the back of my mind, I knew this won’t last long—the preparations for the upcomi...

Journal of the Journalist Next Door: The Day I Wore Multiple Hats—And Rocked Them All!

Yesterday started like any other day: with the quiet hum of anticipation in the air and a to-do list that could make the most seasoned multitasker shudder. I inhaled deeply, knowing I was about to dive into the deep end of a jam-packed day, juggling hats like a magician in the middle of a Vegas show. But hey, when you're The Journalist Next Door, that’s just another Tuesday. It all kicked off with the Editorial Meeting. Ah, yes, the meeting where every voice is louder than the last, and opinions fly faster than you can catch them. We sat around the proverbial round table, each of us armed with ideas, insights, and a burning desire to have the best story pitch of the week. The pressure? Palpable. The excitement? Even more so. Picture this: a cacophony of ideas clashing like cymbals in an overzealous orchestra, everyone trying to outshine the next. What story should we spotlight? Who’s got the best angle? What fresh spin can we put on the same old, same old? My brain was doing me...