Skip to main content

BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER: Carving My Niche - Thriving Behind the Scenes

In my professional world where many chase the spotlight, I discovered early in my career that I shine brightest behind the scenes. 

The allure of broadcast journalism once called my name, but as I matured professionally, I found that my strength lay not in front of the camera but in orchestrating the magic from the background. 

My journey into public relations and corporate communications began as a curious detour, but soon, it became clear that this was where I was meant to carve my niche.

I thrive in the delicate balance of planning and management, ensuring everything runs smoothly while remaining invisible to the untrained eye.

Whether it is drafting administrative write-ups, managing events, or bridging the gap in times of crisis, I’ve come to understand that the real work often happens away from the spotlight. 

The success of every public-facing moment relies on the quiet diligence behind it. That’s where I come in.

Working in the education sector, particularly within the Directorate of Corporate Communications, I have honed the art of precision. My role requires meticulous planning and a sharp eye for detail—qualities that allow me to shape the narrative without needing to be the face of it. 

From crafting speeches to managing critical communications, I’ve become the architect of outcomes, building bridges where others only see gaps.

I may not be the one delivering the speeches or standing center stage at events, but I’m the reason those moments happen flawlessly. And to me, that’s more than enough. This niche I’ve carved? It is my masterpiece!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naked man drags prostitute back to hotel room to recover stolen money

Wonders they say would never seize to occur! This man must have had more than naira notes to have stormed out of his hotel room in search of this prostitute that made away with his money without remembering to pick an item of clothe to cover his nakedness#surprised#. The story is that after he fell asleep the prostitute tried to run away with all his money. Luckily, he woke in time and went after her, amazingly without even having to think about wearing anything.   Fortunately, he found her and dragged her back to the hotel room. What happened next remains unknown.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn! I no fit shout o!

JOURNAL OF A JOURNALIST NEXT DOOR ... September 27th, 2024... Calm before the Storm!

Friday was one of those rare, calm days in my world of Corporate Communications. It’s not often that I get a day with fewer meetings, but when it happens, I know it’s the perfect opportunity to catch up on all the news stories waiting to be polished and published. With the university’s biggest event just around the corner, this quiet felt like the calm before the storm. The first half of the day was spent at my desk, immersed in edits. It’s funny how even on a less busy day, the work piles up in different forms. A colleague sent over a draft press release that needed sharpening, while another forwarded an article that just didn’t have the right tone yet. The joy, though, is in refining those pieces—finding the right words that will capture the essence of the university's achievements. As the minutes rolled by, I ticked off one task after another, sipping soda and enjoying the steady hum of a day. In the back of my mind, I knew this won’t last long—the preparations for the upcomi...

PROFILE: Kimora Lee Simmons

Kimora Lee Simmons (née Perkins; born May 4, 1975) is an American fashion model, and former president and Creative Director for Phat Fashions. Simmons was born in St. Louis, Missouri. Her mother, Joanne Perkins, is Korean-born Japanese who later worked as a Social Security Administrator. Her mother was adopted by an American serviceman during the Korean War and she now goes by her own mother's Japanese name, Kyoko. Kimora's father, Vernon Whitlock Jr., is African American, has worked as a Federal Marshal, an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigator, a bail bondsman, and is currently a barber in St. Louis. Growing up in the northern St. Louis suburb of Florissant, Missouri, Kimora was the target of schoolyard bullying and teasing, because of her height (she was 5 feet, 10 inches tall by the time she was 10 years old)and mixed ancestry. To help her, Simmons's mother enrolled her in a modeling class when she was eleven years old. Two years later she was discov...